Friday, November 30, 2007

...first a moment from our sponsors...


..not really. But I wanted to take this time to remind people how f'ing great grape soda is!!! lol.. I'm not crazy. Today while I was waiting for the bus I went to the Bodega and picked up a bottle of Welch's Grape Soda and it was the best tasting stuff I've ever had. I happily saved some for I can later drink it with my dinner..lol.

I remember the first time I felt bad for drinking it.
My boy Dan that worked with me at the time in the mailroom started cracking up when he saw me with a bottle of grape soda. I started to laugh too not knowing what he was laughing at. He asked if I has a slice of watermelon and a piece of chicken handy. Not getting what he was trying to say he told me that white people make fun of black people because they love grape soda. WHATTTT????!!?

That's why I always loved Dan, he always told me the INSIDE jokes of the white community and I told him the inside jokes about white people. But the grape soda thing killed me. Now I couldn't drink grape soda at work because I swore everybody looked at me funny. And I started to realize that I NEVER EVER saw a white person drink grape soda.

But after I got out of the hospital because I of Goul stones I really didn't drink it.

This Post is about my love for the drink. The great memories it brings me of Mrtyle Ave. & Irvington High School.

No comments: