Sunday, May 4, 2008

What a day? what a day? May 4th 2008

Wow, are my pockets aching..lol! I woke up in the morning thinking about how NJ Skateshop in New Brunswick had posted a bulletin saying they had the Ferris Bueller's in stock. Me and Julez have been waiting for them to drop for about 4 months so I went to sleep thinking about them. My first stop was NJ Skateshop. I'm not really a NJ train person so I got lost getting to New Brunswick. But before that I was waiting at platform 4 for the Trenton train when I knew this dude with an SB crackle windbreaker jacket on with some weirdo sunglasses. My first thought... "Def. a streetwear kid"..lol. So to no surprise dude asked me for directions to Ferry Street and told me he was peeps with the guys from Reason Clothing (I was wearing one of the hats). So I told him that I figured something out about him...lol. But back to me being lost... I ended up in Rahway and caught the train from there to New Brunswick. Let me explain something to ya'll. If your not a hood dude I doubt you have anything to worry about catching trains but I def. do. From Newark all the way to New Brunswick I had dudes hood checking me. If you don't know what that is thank the good lord..lol. There's no real talking just a once over of anything that would tell somebody I was a tough guy. I'M NOT!!! LOL.


So I got to NJ Skateshop and picked up the Ferris Bueller's and the Dr. Feel Goods because I always wanted them. I also picked up Sex Hood Skate & Videotape... Ian Reid's Video Remix. I had the original but somebody jacked me for it... or I just forgot where I put it.

I have a question... is "No Worries" the 'burbs answer to the hood's "nawimean"? Because dude from the shop kept saying it over and over...lol. Love it!...lol.

After I left there I stopped by a Jamaican spot next store and I got a beef patty. Now I was amazed that they had one that came with cheese already in it. It's amazing because that's some hood 'ish and I've never seen it already with cheese in it before..lol. I was happy because I got some coco bread with my beef patty and that hasn't happened in a lonngg time. But it's sad to say that it sucked and ended up throwing it away.

When I touched back to Newark I met up with my peeps and he took me to this new tattoo parlor that is about to open up. The spot is huge but it is a second floor joint. The owner did a lot of work on Ivy Queen. It looks like there's going to be three tat stations, a piercing station and a mini art gallery in the back from what my boy was saying. She was talking about getting some toys from me to sell in her spot so be on the look out for that.


I also stopped by Kreme and the local Caribbean Music spot and picked up a THE BEST OF MUNGA cd and a THE BEST OF BUSY SIGNAL cds.


I went to Short Hills Mall and picked up my daughter's mom her mother's day/ birthday present. I got her a Coach purse and wallet. Hope she likes it....

No comments: