Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Why do I like clothes so much? Part 1

My dear friends always ask me that same damn question... Why do you like clothes so much? I have no REAL answer. Why do you send so much money on clothes? I doubt there is an answer to that too.

When I was in Catholic school I came to realize something about females... well to me anyway... Women from around my way liked three types of dudes. First was the tuff guy... tuff neighborhood you tend to go with dudes that are respected and tuff guys were respected. Second, funny guys, if you could make a female laugh you were in there. And last, a sporty guy, everybody had hoop dreams. But I was none of those.

But then I realized that girls would talk about the clothes that dudes wore. "O did you see the shoes he had on? they looked like the ones Bobby Brown was wearing in that magazine..." lol. So I started to care about what I wore... I had to have the Triple Fat Goose, I had to have the Giants Starter Jacket, I had to have the British Knights when they first dropped, I had to have the Black Top Reebok joints..lol. Why? Cause girls loved it....

But in High School I had to change up.. Freshman year I was Cross Coloured out..ahaha.. Yes sir, I was rocking some orange jeans with a green shirt and fruityful Travel Fox kicks. But when I was rocking that dudes was telling me I was fresh to death. But hiphop stop caring for clothes for a minute and so did I. All it was around my way for a minute was bootleg wu-tang tshirts. Hi-tek boots and Levi's. I mean don't get me wrong people was rocking Hillfiger, Polo and Nautica but nobody was really caring if it was bootlegged or not. Maybe it was just the company I kept that didn't care..lol.

I stop caring about clothes and was all about the NY Knicks. Ewing, Oakly, Mason, Starks and add any of the plenty of point guards we ran thru those couple of seasons.... I liked Doc Rivers so I say him. I had NY Knick tees, hats and jackets. Shopped at Flea- Markets for clothes and not caring anymore.


Well I'll call this part one. I'll put up part 2 soon.

No comments: