Monday, November 17, 2008

Ismael Rivera Con Hijo Ismael Jr. Las Caras Linda


My dad sent me this link and I thought ya'll would love it. While I was watching this I thought about a discussion I was having with someone about me saying I'm black. Growing up this is the type of music and the type of Puerto Ricans I saw around my Godmothers house. So when I call myself Black by no way am I calling myself African American because I am very proud of being Latino but am ashamed of what I think the masses think LATINO to be. They usually think Ricky Martin, J-Lo, P.Cruz but when I think of Latino I think about Tego, Cheo Feliciano and Celia Cruz. I am proud of the part of the culture that most are ashamed of. I love going to the rural and ghetto parts of both Puerto Rico and Guatemala. And I find my heart pounding when I see the black and Indian parts of my culture. THATS WHERE MY HEARTS AT.

No comments: