Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Hector Lavoe- Juanito Alimaña

No person my age would probably understand the love I have for this guy. Hector Lavoe was Puerto Ricans' Marvin Gaye. He brought the streets of Puerto Rico & New York to the latin american world. Everytime I hear a song by this guy it makes the hairs on my neck stand up. Hector Lavoe turned me from a straight Hiphop head to a lover of late 70's & early *80's salsa. This was the hood music for my parents generation.


Marc Anthony & Jennifer Lopez are making a movie about him that will come out in August about him called "El Cantante" with means "the singer".



When I was 18 I went with my parents to see a play about him off of Broadway about his live and one of the most respected Salsa writer & singer Domingo Quinonez played him.

No comments: