Monday, January 17, 2011

Movies Weekend: 1/15 & 16th: Green Hornet & True Grit


Seeing how I was drunk texting on my sofa by 1am I woke up pretty early on Saturday morning. I decided I was going to go watch the Green Hornet and it was my lucky day because I got to see it on the first showing in IMAX 3D. One thing about 3D movies for me is that I never really get the full effect of it. Maybe my brain just refuses to believe it but I can account only two times I really felt like the images were coming off the screen while watching a movie in 3D. But whatever, it still looked awesome. Seth is the man, it was funny, it had plenty of action and I wanna know who was picking out Seth's wardrobe cause some of those suits were official tissue! I saw reviews saying that this is no superhero movie because its too funny. I think they needed to take this approach because if it was too serious people would say that its just a batman rip off.. which is pretty close to the truth lol. But I loved it and would def. watch it again.

This morning I figured I'd see True Grit and I'm happy I did. I love the way people speak in this movie. This was pretty bad ass. Anytime I see anything western it makes me miss Deadwood. The characters were super cool. Even the characters that were on the screen for only a minute or two had a lasting impression.

No comments: