Sunday, April 27, 2008

Jorge Vega's Gunplay


I forgot to tell you guys that on the last day of the comic con I passes the Platinum Studios Comics booth and peeped a comic called Gunplay. It's by writer Jorge Vega and I think I remember reading about it in a newspaper awhile back.
While I was patiently waiting for him to finish an interview I just picked up a trade-paperback of Gunplay and loved the art. Being the nosey dude that I am I overheard tell the dude that was interviewing him that he was was puerto rican. ICING ON THE CAKE!?! I was liking the interview because they was asking him a lot of race related questions about his comic being a black cowboy epic and I was digging his answers even more. He had some tshirts for sale there which are pictured below.

As I was looking at the tshirt some dude picked up the copy of Gunplay that I had in my hand and asked if I wanted to an autograph or something drawn in it. I said sure while he told me he was Dominic Vivona the artist for the book..COOL!
Well I say ya'll need to go out to a local comic shop and support this book because I don't believe in supporting because of race but this a good story with good art so please support.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the love, Buby!