Thursday, April 24, 2008

Takashi Murakami's ©Murakami @ The Brooklyn Museum


A couple of days ago I stopped by blag flag's myspace page and I saw they now have a blog... DAMN O, YOU COULD WARNED A BROTHER...LOL. So I checked out their blog (where you can check out here or go to the link on the right hand side.) and saw that they went to the Murakami Exhibit at the Brooklyn Museum. Feeling left out I REALLY had to go now. So yesterday I invited Reese to join me on my first of many trips to check it out.

Since there was no picture taking allowed I didn't take the camera but regretted every second of it. I was scouting the show to see who I can take with me. There were children everywhere so I figured that I would take my girls but there was one part I was very uneasy about. It was the My Lonely Cowboy, Hiropon and Milk pieces that really got to me. I have no idea how I would explain to a 6 and 11 year old female why a man is holding his throbbing erect penis while semen is flying everywhere and across from him is a female squeezing her triple F breast while breast milk is flying everywhere...lol. Even as a 30 year old man I can't be mature about it let alone explain it to the girls. I wonder what all the other parents did when that part came up. Did they somehow not go past that part or did they just rush through it and told the kids not to look. And people say parenting is supposed to be second nature... They had the Louis Vuitton Store there and while I wanted to just run through it Reese decided to ask for pricings... ugghhh. I don't remember the prices but I do remember the strange feeling of being way over my head..lol. I def. hit up the gift shop and picked up the ©Murakami book (pictured above) and next time I'm def. getting the dvd that was there for 50 bucks. It was funny seeing everything there for SRP when you probably could have gone to Kidrobot and picked it up for half that price less then a year ago.lol. They did have a space for three short films he made and one of them being the Kayne West video he did. AWESOME! side note: I posted it on here before but it's been deleted like three different times.

We tried to check out the rest of the museum but I was too hungry and tired to focus we got a bite to eat and stopped by the Brooklyn Botanic Garden which is right behind the museum. It was pretty cool and def. a picture taking paradise. I can't wait to take my girls and niece there. I can see them running around talking which one is which Disney princess..lol.

So I def. recommend to go and check it all out.

No comments: