Tuesday, March 20, 2007

10 Deep what are you doing?

Wow! I said WOW! 10 deep has gone off the deep end. I just saw their new spring/summer line and it sucks. How many native american prints and feathers did I just see last season. If your following Miskeen with prints theres a problem. If you want to see some hot prints go to Rockers NYC and check that out. Now if you just finished checking out the 10 Deep Spring/summer line I'll tell you that the first three pictures are cool. The black and white hoodies are good money. The second pic of the tshirt where they are making fun (in my view) of BAPE with the 10 deep character wearing the ape mask is on point too. I always liked their full zip down hoodies with that see-thru material with the ill print undernearth so I def. give that a pass. The only REAL problem I have is the native american stuff. They should have left it alone. I think it's just about done with the gold rope chain print and they are not letting go. And the button up sweater joints do not in any way fit in with their line.

My reason for loving streetwear is because of the innovative and original spirit of it. Being Mayan and Taino Indian I must say this is a weak display of research and creativity on their part. If you want to do a tribial print have some knowledge of what the hell your doing. I'm not saying that I know that they don't know sh*t but damn homie.... When I first saw the Rockers NYC stuff I was just happy to see the presence of it on the tee. When Miskeen did it I actually liked it but what can I say it's Miskeen so I had to diss it. Now I think if your into fashion you should look left and right before crossing the f'ing street. If you see 2 companies do it come back that much harder. O well... it seems as if 10 Deep is going to be then next Artful Dodger because I even see Raggeaton dudes wearing it in their videos. In no way is that a bad thing but I'm just saying if your getting the shine show these niggas what we got.

ps. this whole blog might just be a result in 10 Deep not selling my size...lol. wows of a fat man...

I happened to write this blog about Natives being used and how people need to be creative. Well check out IDEALIST CLOTHING X Rob Abeyta Jr. who came up with an ill ass Sitting Bull tee.

No comments: