Thursday, March 22, 2007

Bobbito is the illest!


Man all I can remember is in 95' listening to Stretch and Bobbito on 89.9 aka 89 tek 9 in the wee hours of the morning knowing that in about three or four hours I had to get up and go to school. Shit I remember my mother kicking me in the stomach and telling me to "shut the fuck up, stop laughing and go to sleep" lol. Those were the days. But do you know why I did that? Sure I could hit record on the tape deck and let the 120 minute tape record and set the arlarm to just change tapes (can you tell I did that a couple of times..lol) but whats the fun in that. I wanted to laugh in realtime bitch..lol. I remember having the origional verision of Lil Kim's first single when she went at Faith Evens on one verse and went at Pac on the other.... I remember having the sing-song version of a Redman song and everytime I rocked it everybody and their mother used to try and rob me for it..lol. But the best feeling is when I used to jump in my cousins 92 honda civic pop in the tape press play and listen to it cracking up on the way to school. Later not only did I growup (yeah right) but I also found out that Bobbito was a sneaker head... one better he was a sneaker scholar. I copped the book he put out "Where'd you get those?" at Urban Outfitters a.s.a.p. and he made those adidas bball kicks (you know the burgandy ones) in that ad look ill with the matching attire.

The custom AF1's were ill too. Well guess what? He's back with another pair. Cool Bob Love is killing it with this ill ass colorway. Love on the back heel of the sneaker (a record and a bball in the "o" in "love") and the hand on a basketball on one kick and a hand on a record on the other.. he can do no wrong. And you thought you have seen them all.. ahahaha you fool. Dropping April 14th at about $125 a pair. You little punks better get out my way cause I'll be running to front of the line laughing listening to a classic tape in my Walkman in one hand and the 125 in the other....








No comments: