Wednesday, December 19, 2007

I HATE urban clohting for my daughter


Nothing annoys me more then hiphop gear for my kid. BAH!!!! If it doesn't have writing going up and down the pant leg it has to be some retarded pattern. WHY?!? I can't stand going into department stores and pretend I want my kids in any of it. I personally figure if I wear Polo why wouldn't my girls. If I wear boutique clothes my girls will be wearing it too.

Most people disagree with me because children run around and don't care about their clothes. But I wasn't raised like that. I was raised to take care of my clothes. If my mom took me to a cousin or friends house she didn't expect me to be running around. She wouldn't take me to the park with nice clothes but I think the way her and my grandmother raised me def. had an impact on how I take care of my clothes.

I mean my kids have play clothes but when we go out there should be no reason for them to be wearing anything less "cool" then me. There's nothing I hate more then when I see a mother wearing a huge fur coat and her kids are wearing high waters.

When I shop in department stores I have to go through over-packed racks of ugly ass clothes while the whole time trying to make sure theres no holes or stains on the garments (if you want to call it that). If you find something, now you have to stand in that over crowded lines and god forbid you need some help from someone who works there....

So its just not the clothing I don't like its the stores, the people it attracts (not saying Gap's or H&M's is any better) and the level of help the people who work there are. I guess the whole environment is a huge part of my shopping experience and if I'm pissed because of the crowdedness of the store and the over-stuffed racks and trying to find that 1 outfit out of all the ugliness I'm not going to be in the best of "shopping" modes to try and pick out an outfit.

O by the way I'm only rantting because I had to go to Children's Place today on Main Street in Orange NJ today and now I know why I don't shop in stores like that.
BAH>BAH>BAH!

No comments: