Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Blokhedz

I love Blokheadz! From the art all the way to the attitude of the characters. Something the youth of the inner cities of the world can feel. Think 8 Mile meets Juice. When I first picked the comic up it brought me back to the days of Milestone comics and Brotherman comics. The art is sick and the storyline was great. I've seen some people do underground hiphop comics and it would come out super cheesy but this was great and hitting the right audiance. I was just on the web-site and they have a article written for a magazine called Format. Check it out here.
If you have never read any of the comics you should grab one over here. I had the figures for sell and when I was at the Meadowlands Flea Market it was a eye catcher for everyone who walked by. It also was a little too pricey for them too..lol. But being in the collectors world that we are in, it wasn't as bad as they thought it was. I def. hope they make more comics, collectables and if they can get an animated series out of it, that would be great too.

No comments: