Sunday, April 8, 2007

Saturday. 4.8.07

Went to Kidrobot yesterday with my boy Julez. I wanted to go to Union to get a Mishka fitted I saw there last week. Of course they are sold out.. o well. Julez wanted some Sneaks for Freaks and I wanted some Tattoo Dunnys but guess what? The Tattoo Dunnys were sold out..lol. I knew both were sold out online but figured they might be in the store.

I walked in Kidrobot and it was packed. I remember the good old days when it wasn't but since every hiphop dude has a kidrobot hoodie the clothes are flying off the racks. I got some Sneaks for Freaks for Julez and picked up two boxes for myself. I didnt really pay attention to the description online about it but I figured it was the whole collection for 8 bucks... lol. NOT! I should know better. It's one pair per box. Blind packed at that. Julez couldn't find parking so I was waiting for him to drive back around and I was listening to people walk up to the window and talk. It went something like this.... "It's just a fad!", "yeah kidrobot is hot right now but I've been collecting a long time", and if I knew more then english and spanish I probably would have hear plenty more.

Kidrobot has now become a tourist spot. Cool to me but like one dude said it might make things look like a fad. I think the clothing is a fad. I also think this is where kidrobot is focusing all their attention on too. That's not good. The tattoo dunnys are a really cool idea and I hope they keep pumping out some more hot shyt.



After leaving NYC we drove around Jersey City looking for Packers Sneaker store. I've heard about Packers from all the sneaker heads in jersey so now that they have one in J.C. I figured I'd check it out. Calling 411 sent me and Julez on a wild goose chase. So we didn't find it and the phone number they gave me just kept ringing. So while we were finding our way home we passed a Fat Burger. I knew it was there cause my boy Draco took me and my kids there to eat once. See Julez' brother lives in Cali and he loves him some fat burger. So if your in the Jersey City area and want some fat burger just look it up and you'll find it.





No comments: